Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 1: Lost already XP


The first day we were aiming for Arches Nat’l Park in Southern Utah. A slight wrong turn took us all the way to ChinLe, Arizona! Along the way we saw a bunch of stray dogs, which always makes me sad… We picked up one of the strays in Rock Point, Arizona. He’s a huge lab mix, super sweet, and has an amazing disposition for being a Rez dog! At ChinLe, where we finally realized we were very very off the mark on where we wanted to go, we saw this family of stray dogs:
It was very sad and I tried to take them all home but the only one I could get close to was the momma dog, the very fluffy red one. The dad and the baby dog were both very skittish. I was very sad that I couldn’t rescue these dogs too… But finally, after about an hour of trying, I left them with a quarter of my bag of dog food and we were forced to continue on our way. 

 We turned around and headed back North rather than South (oops!) and finally got to the Utah-Arizona border later that day.



 Bluff, Utah is very pretty! It's kind of like a mix between Sedona, Arizona and Durango, Colorado. Sweet!




There was some very pretty scenery along the way, but finally it got too dark and I was too tired to keep driving anymore, especially after almost hitting a suicidal deer! There was a sign saying that so far in 2011 there have been 52 deer-car crashes and lots of signs warning us to beware of deer. I am convinced that Utah deer are either ninjas or have invisibility cloaks, they are crazy! Total driving time: Like 10 hours... O.o
 Route so far: 

1 comment:

  1. Ahahaha that's sucks that you got 'lost', that it totally something I would do!! Glad you got back on track though. and those dogs are so cute, it makes me sad. =[

    ReplyDelete